My fee for a therapy hour is $150-175.00. I offer a limited number of reduced-fee services and am happy to discuss fees in a phone consultation. I accept checks, cash, and credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express).
I do not participate in any private health insurance plans. However, most insurance companies provide "out-of-network" insurance benefits that cover mental health services in full or in part. I will provide the necessary paperwork for you to file claims with your health insurance company.
If you want to use your insurance benefits to get reimbursed for the cost of therapy, it is important that you understand your health insurance coverage. Contact your insurance provider to learn about your benefits for mental health treatment.
The following are some important questions to ask your insurance provider:
· What are your out-of-network outpatient mental health insurance benefits (also called “behavioral health”)?
· What is your deductible for out-of-network providers (the amount of money you have to pay before your provider begins to reimburse you)?
· Do you need a certain referral or authorization before you are reimbursed for my services?
· What portion (usually a percentage) of each therapy session will your insurance company reimburse you for?
· Are there any limitations to services (e.g., only a certain amount of money allowed for mental health reimbursements, a limited number of sessions, reimbursement only for certain types of diagnoses, etc.)?